TIPS FOR RIDING A LOCAL BUS
- Be at the bus stop at least five to ten minutes ahead of the scheduled departure time.
- Flag stops at intersections only; signal by raising your arm.
Please don’t rush to the curb as the bus is pulling over; wait until it has come to a full stop before walking towards the door.
- Get on the bus through the front door and pay the fare. Exact change is required.
- Ask the driver for a transfer, if needed, when you exit the bus.
- If you’re not getting off at a regular stop, about one block from your stop pull the yellow cord along the side of the bus and this will alert the driver that you want to get off.
TIPS FOR RIDING A DIAL-A-BUS AND ADA PARATRANSIT BUS
- Book your trip well in advance.
- Be ready at least 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled pick up time.
- Don’t rush to the curb as the bus is pulling over; wait until it has come to a full stop before approaching the door.
- Get on the bus and pay the fare to the driver.
- Know the exact address of your scheduled destination to give to the driver.